To set up automatic email forwarding for your opt-out notifications in Gmail, follow the steps below:
- Log into Gmail, click the gear icon at the top right and click Settings. Then, click the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab.
- Click “Add a forwarding address” and paste in email@example.com.
- Click “Next,” then click “Proceed.”
- When you receive a confirmation code in an email, paste the code into the confirmation field.
- Then, click “Tip: You can also forward only some of your mail by creating a filter!”
- In the “from” field, paste firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the U.S., U.K., India and Canada marketplaces: In “Has the words,” paste “because the buyer has chosen to opt out”
For E.U. marketplaces: In “Subject,” paste the relevant subject line:
- France: Votre message qui était adressé à un acheteur n'a pas pu être transmis
- Spain: No se ha podido enviar tu mensaje al cliente
- Germany: Ihre Nachricht an einen Käufer konnte nicht zugestellt werden
- Italy: Mancata consegna del suo messaggio all'acquirente
- Select “Create filter with this search.”
- Check the box for “forward to” and choose email@example.com using the drop-down menu. At the bottom of the window, you can also choose to apply the filter to matching conversations you have already received (recommended).
- Click “Create filter” to save the forwarding filter.